Friday, October 8, 2010

No more BP pills!

I am anti-pills. I have said this many times, but I don't think people know the true extent of my disdain for "any and all" meds. Yes, I know they can help us. I , also, know that our culture makes us think that anything can be fixed with a prescription. Hence, the rise of the "GlaxoSmithKline" generation.

There are 2 meds, though, that I thought I would take FOREVER. My thyroid replacement is one, and the other is my blood pressure pill. The first I WILL take forever, but the other...let's examine.

Now, I am a headache sufferer-tension/stress, sinus, migraine, and BP, but I never thought my BP was "high" enough for meds except during pregnancies (and that concerned me), but my doctors felt otherwise however, and labeled me as "borderline".

I am pretty sure family history had something to do with it, too. I have 11 aunts and uncles and I am willing to bet...ALL of them take some form of BP pill. I am not in great shape these days and that could have been a factor as well, but even when I was "in-shape", I still had to take them.

I am/was a "high stresser", too. Always worrying about things out of my control...but I am done with that these days, so I must be doing pretty good because. TODAY...Doc M took me off my BP meds. Yeah for me!
In fact, he told me it was probably one of the reasons I felt "run down and tired". I am so happy. I mean, I have to monitor my BP weekly and I need to drop about 20-25 pounds, but all in all, it was a great day at the doc's office.

Wait, I think I feel better already...LOL.
CBB

No comments: