Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Stress

Do you have it finished? All of it? Any of it?...you know, EVERYTHING holiday related?
Are the presents bought? Are they wrapped? The cards sent out? Cookies baked? Candy made?...LOL. It goes on and on and on, doesn't it?

Not this year, not for me!I may have to buy a few last minute gifts, but nothing major. We limited gifts we bought and decided the best gift was just being together. Well, I did anyway!...LOL.

Since Mr. Chad and I started celebrating Christmas together with the kids around 2003, we have used the alphabet to guide us. We all draw letters and all the gifts have to start with that letter. The first couple of years, he and I got 13 gifts each, as did the girls, but after everyone had a xylophone we had to re-work the tradition...so, we took out Z and X and all drew together. When we had 13 letters the gifts were to cost about $10 each, after we eliminated the 2 letters and drew from 24, everyone got 6 $20 gifts...or about that. It truly is a fun shopping experience!

Here are a few examples of what I have given in the past: O-ornamnet, B-belt, G-gift card...you see how it works, right? This truly helps me de-stress during the holidays. Sometimes I am at a loss, for what to buy with a particular letter...so, I just buy the gift I think they want and use a "neat" adjective to describe it...LOL.

Anyway, I hope you are having a great holiday season, surrounded by the ones you love most, and that you realize that one of the greatest gifts out there...is the present!...and that is an easy gift to give!

No comments: