Saturday, February 14, 2009

blah...blah...blah...Valentine's Day.

So...It's Valentine's Day. I can not stand this holiday. I would like to say it is because of the three years I managed a Hallmark, but that would only be half true.

Don't get me wrong. The idea of St. Valentine and his martyrdom is a great story, but how many people have a clue about that?...

I just find it repulsive (and so having nothing to do with LOVE) the holiday comes down to overpriced flowers, boxes of horrible tasting cheap chocolate and a $5 piece of paper with words written in it about love and devotion--written by someone else. Boy, does that ever spell LOVE to me!

If my husband, children, friends can not show me how much they love me the other 364 days...I dang sure don't need it today. Now, I am not hostile towards whatever is given to me. I love it and appreciate it more than I could ever say. My point is LOVE is 365, and technically, 1/4 days a year. Am I right people?

Mrs. B

No comments: