Wednesday, February 11, 2009

MRI weirdness

Today, I visited the wonderful University of Kentucky Sports Medicine Clinic (say that 3 times fast) to have my leg checked. For the past 4 or 5 months, I've been having excruciating pain in my right leg. It hurts so bad at times...it becomes hard just to drive. I've had it X-rayed, but nothing showed up, so when I get to UK, they decide to do an MRI.

Now, I realize I have put a little bit of weight on over the last year and a half, but not enough that my leg would buckle up and feel like it's about to break...LOL. (Mentally, I have to do the whole cause and effect argument in my head.) I run, mainly on a treadmill, but 2 miles a day shouldn't kill anyone either, right? Well, maybe it does...

Dr. Hosey and Dr. Smoot ( one of his residents--I think), whom I really loved, didn't really find anything wrong either...with that being said, I still have leg pain and now, after spending wayyyy too much money on all of this "baloney-style technology", I still have no real answers or solutions. Another day on that, though.

Today's post is about the MRI itself. Surely, I am not the only person that finds these machines a tad bit strange. I felt almost Space Odyssey strange as I laid there listening to the machine-gun-like clicking sound over the easy listening styles of Kenny Loggins. This was a surreal moment for me. I mean, not to mention the fact that this machine was reading my "insides"...it just seemed a bit overwhelming.


The MRI ended and I was on my way, but I still could not help think that now the government knows a tad more about me than I would like for them to...I'm sorry, UK now knows more about me. Riiiiggghhht. :o)


CBB

No comments: