Wednesday, April 15, 2009

ACT scores and academic standards...

OK, so my genius daughter did not get a 36 on her ACT...and, I was a tad bit upset. Not about her score, but about that fact that she did not do one review for the test.

I do not necessarily believe those things (reviews) can help you raise your scores too much, but I do think they can give you an idea of what to expect on the test, therefore helping you.

Her score was way above fine and way above the score she needs for many of the schools that she will apply to...but I would like to see her at MIT (where she wants to be) instead of somewhere she just has to settle for (like her mother did).

Do not get me wrong here, she is probably smarter than your kid...she is smarter than most kids her age and her maturity level makes up for any test score she could EVER receive...I just want her to DREAM BIG because she can...

Mrs. B

No comments: