Wednesday, May 5, 2010

T-shirts for MATH



We had kind of a weird testing theme for CATS this year (I say it that way b/c I have always been told, "if you can't say something nice...don't say anything" ), but it is what it is. I guess with Justin Moore coming to our school someone thought his name in our theme would sell some tickets or generate some buzz...it did not. In fact, no one did anything except my class...and so that's what I am here to share with you.

My kids and I came up with using each letter of his name for something we had learned in math this year, a mnemonic of sorts and then we made t-shirts. They were stellar! Of course, having only 10 kids in a class makes things super easy sometimes....and having 10 awesome math minds in a class...well, that makes things Super, super easy!

J-Justify
U-Units of Measure
S-Slope
T- Pi (b/c it looks like a T...LOL)
I-Integers
N-Numerical Expressions

M-Measurements
O-Ordered Pairs, Origin
O-Order of Operations
R-Rational Numbers
E-Exponents


I really don't know much about this Justin kid, but his name will probably stay with me for a while. I just hope the kids remember him like I do Roy G. Biv.
Mrs. B

2 comments:

Faiza said...

Love Roy G Biv! I didn't know you taught math. I think I just fell a little more in love with you...

Mrs.B said...

Yes, I teach math...to 7th and 8th graders...what a group? I love them. I teach Algebra, too.