Friday, July 1, 2011

Me, the bestie, and the kids...minus 1.

Today we hiked the beautiful Natural Bridge in Slade, KY.
It is one of my favorite places in the state and this was a great day to do it.
The weather was hot, but not too bad since we hiked somewhat early in the day!
Plus, I got to spend it with some of the people I love MOST in this world: my bestie and her 2 babies and my little buttercup. (None of which are at the age that they would allow us to call them babies or buttercups in public.) However, my other baby wasn't with us, (We missed you, Catarina!) but we pretended she was there in spirit.

I love the top pic of the youngest ones, both 12...going on 16!
I have to believe, in this moment, their little minds reveled in all that was not technology
and just allowed themselves to be consumed by the beauty of their surroundings!!!!
In actuality, they were just concerned with the paddle boats below...LOL.

Which then brings us to lunch after the hike...
and the fact that C2 was the 1st to pull out the phone to text...LOL.
Awwww, what has apple and Steve Jobs made us into?
I know...putty in their hands.

Finally, our homage to Catarina.
We saved her a seat @ the table with us...and quietly, to myself, I thanked God for all my blessings!
What a wonderful day!

No comments: