Saturday, August 22, 2009

Postcrossing

Sometimes, I truly stumble upon things that amaze me, or that I just fall in love with...this is one of those times. I wish I could tell you how I came across it, but I have no idea. The site and the concept that is Postcrossing is unbelievable. It is one of the true times where and when the internet is used for the greater good of mankind.

This little site sends you on an international adventure. You sign up to send postcards around the world...all the while postcards are coming to you from others...I love it. My first 5 postcards were assigned today...1 to someone here in the US, 1 to Germany, 1 to Hungary, and 2 to Finland.

When you register you tell a little about yourself and what types of postcards you like.(most folks want something from your area of the world, but they don't really care...they just like getting mail--like me...and roughly 1/2 of "postcrossers" are from Finland--turns out the Fins really like postcards. Who knew?)

Anyway, I'm really excited about this and I hope you take the time to check their site out. It is totally free...all you have to pay for are your postcards and stamps...and what's that when you are getting mail from all over the world--just think how cool your "mailperson" will think you are...LOL.

www.postcrossing.com

Mrs. B

No comments: