Friday, April 9, 2010

Weekend at the Parkers

My hubs is odd. Heck, I'm odd.
We are so different, but both very peculiar...LOL.
I swear this is true.
He has friends and I have friends, but very few couples are friends that we share.

The Parkers (above) have become my hubs "distant family".
He says that they make he feel at home and they aren't pretentious.

In 4 months, we have stayed with them (on and off) for about a week. The Parkers live in New Orleans and I knew them for many years when I lived there. For years, I have crashed on their couch while passing through to Lafayette. However, for the last couple of years, I have been going a different direction to visit the girls and had not stopped to see them as often as I would have liked.

In January, when we went to Erin's NOLA wedding, the Parker's invited us to come stay with them. The were definitely the hostesses with the mostesses. However, everyone was doing their own thing. This trip, though, we planned things to do together.
On Friday, the adults went to the D-Day Museum. It was better than I remembered it and Mr. Chad loved it. They now have a 4-D movie about WWII and it was breath taking. Visit it here @

Saturday, we all went to the Audubon Zoo which is one of the best zoos in the country. Well, I'm not sure about that, but I loved it when I lived there and I love it now just as much...LOL. Besides, my hubs had NEVER been to a "real" zoo. A petting zoo-check. The wild animal zoo that lives outside our back door-check, but a honest-to-goodness-real-life-zoo...NEVER. He had a blast. I mean, he and his family ARE LIKE flippin' Dr. Doolittles, and I ain't kiddin'. The Zoo has it's own website. Check it out @ http://www.auduboninstitute.org/ . We, also, ate at Hard Rock and visited the French Market after the zoo.

Sunday was Easter. We attended church together at http://www.ctk-nola.org/ where my hubs was unusually surprised with all the "Alleluias" we had to say. (He should be thankful I didn't take him to a Catholic service. Imagine how his knees would have felt?...LOL.) The choir sang one of my favorite christian songs: Newsboys, He Reigns. The girls and I took communion and all was right with the world. We left with the message that Jesus lives!

Mr. Chad surprised us all when he said that he was OK with Olive Garden for lunch, but he didn't surprise us when he ordered chicken strips...LOL.

That was our adventure in a nut shell and mainly a "shout-out" to the Parkers. A family that we are so blessed to know and that makes every trip to NOLA now an adventure. We love y'all.


The (Buettner) Boyds

No comments: