Sunday, November 2, 2008

Are you kidding?...Christmas already!

I am totally depressed. It is not Christmas, yet. In fact, it is not Thanksgiving, yet!

Why does Thanksgiving always get skipped? It is one of my favorite holidays. The day set aside for family and friends and the idea of simply being thankful for everything you have in your day to day life.

Instead, everyone seems to somehow forget Thanksgiving Day and they move right into the Christmas season after Halloween and then right into Black Friday.

Thanksgiving is not about preparing to run over small children and the elderly, just to get a new TV for 1/3 the price it was yesterday. I mean, come on people!!!!

Do we not want to remember the whole Pilgrim/Indian story? Was this not the day that lives in infamy for bringing us corn and corn-based products...LOL. OK, so maybe it was not this exact day, but I like to imagine it was around this time. :o)

I just want to say, for the record, that although I do love Christmas, Charlie Brown...Thanksgiving is not forgotten in the Buettner-Boyd home.

Very thankful this year,
CB ( CB, CB and CB, too.)

No comments: