Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tea Time

I am in the mood to host a luncheon...better still...High Tea. There is nothing more Jane Austen-ey than tea.

Invite friends over, chat about our dull lives, talk about the weather, gossip and eat...who could ask for anything more?

Years ago, I had the opportunity to go to tea with my lil' sister (in my Mardi Gras group), Sonda. It was such a lovely experience. All of us, big sisters and little sisters, dressed up in our best clothes many of us wearing our hats...aahhh, some of my best New Orleans memories seem like just yesterday.

Oh...I digress, back to the tea. I love the simplicity of throwing a tea party...finger sandwiches, scones or muffins or cookies or petit fours (Can you tell I like the dessert aspect of it?), and tea. Voila'. You have a tea party menu from start to finish. Now, decorate according to theme and invite the peeps...it's tea party time!

Mrs. B

No comments: