Tuesday, June 8, 2010

capchta words

Just a quick note on captcha words...you know, the words that you have to type in so the computer doesn't think you're just another computer? Yeah, figure that one out!

Well, if you follow a blog, at least I know here on blogger (and you know you follow this one...LOL) before you can leave a comment you have to type in the captcha word. I'm OK with that, but lately I have come across some weird ones, maybe not weird, but they're "almost" words...so I decided to do a little research.

Turns out captcha words are the brain child of a nerd herd at Carnegie Mellon and were invented around the year 2000. The word captcha comes from the word capture and has a neat little acronym to go with it, too. (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart.) You can read more about it on the wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAPTCHA

Well, there you go! I hope I just enlightened you today because I love days when I learn something new. Now, to leave a message...LOL...you know what you have to do.

Mrs. B

1 comment:

Faiza said...

oh thanks teaching me something new today! love it!