Sunday, June 6, 2010

They grow up!

We're driving home and she calls. She is talking very low. She is heartbroken and I can tell. She doesn't say anything, but I think she wants to come home.

I ask how she likes the academy and she tells me it's fine... she is fine...but that she doesn't want to let her peers down...she doesn't want to fail. I hold back my tears and remind her how smart, beautiful, and courageous she is. I pray between each word I speak to her.

If there is a child in this world that feels the weight of the world rests on their shoulders, it's Catarina. She has been this way her whole life.

She is all the good that Charles and I had combined into one. A soul like no other...I don't think this child could fail if she tried, but that being said, she is still a child--my child...and all I can do now is pray. Pray that she is happy and healthy and this is an experience that will alter her life for the better. God bless her and keep her this week.

--"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars...I could really use a wish right now, a wish right now, a wish right now." B.o.B.

2 comments:

Faiza said...

what a lucky daughter!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know that I have been that child on the other end of the phone and it is wonderful to know that you have someone when the times get tough to call and will love you no matter what.

The song lyrics at the end of the post are my favorites. I think the song speaks to alot of people and a lot of things right now.

swap-bot aprilk
"Check out my blog" swap