Thursday, September 23, 2010

I have 3 doctors!

Dr.K, Dr. M, and BFF-OB/GYN Dr. C...these are my doctors.
(None of which are pictured above...LOL)
This is my story of why I have 3 of them.


Right off the bat, Dr.C is my hoo-ha doc. I don't need to go into much there. Ladies, we all need one. Find one you like, you trust, and you can text when you have "dumb-butt" questions that Web MD fails to answer.


Dr. K, I have been "seeing" for close to 7 years...I know since my return to "the mountains". He is smart and handsome...LOL. He is very thorough and I like that in a doctor, but he is also a foreign national that was brought up with a silver spoon in his mouth...so I tease him--a lot! The hubs sees him, too. He is a good guy.


Over the past year, I have discovered Dr. M, though.
Dr. M graduated from the med school I wanted to attend. He is an osteopathic doctor and sharp as a tack. He doesn't BS around, either and I like that in my doctor. I have been pretty fortunate that nearly all my docs don't tiptoe around me. They point and shoot...even if I don't agree with them sometimes.


They all know how I feel about meds. I won't take pain meds or antibiotics and prefer not to be put in the hospital if I can treat "it", whatever "it" may be, at home. They have seen me through whiplash, pneumonia, minor depression, weight gain (see minor depression--again), thyroid issues, etc...and somehow, I'm still living.


I guess they know what they're doing and I respect them all.
Thanks for being doctors y'all...
well, my doctors, anyway!
CBB

No comments: