Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Stamps and the USPS

I love stamps! (Yes, the cute ones you use for scrapbooking.), but I love postal stamps, too. 9 out of 10 times, I sit and think, "what kind of stamp fits this person?". I do.

I mean, if I send a birthday card, I do not want one of those liberty bell forever stamps...come on, really? You ALL know those are ugly.

I guess because i get soooo much international mail and I see soooo many great stamps, I can not use anything lame.

Don't think that I don't inspect the stamps on the letters sent to me, of course I do. The UK has great ones Wallace & Gromit, Winnie the Pooh, etc. Russia even has scented stamps! In the US, some of ours are a little weird...famous sailors. Well, they couldn't have been too famous, I had no idea who they were, but then again, thanks USPS...NOW, I do!

Anyway, it is getting to be "holiday" time and that means holiday stamps...not to pleased this year; my Christmas cards will be adorned with pine cones...yes, pine cones! Really, USPS? I know you can't get all religious and stuff, but how about mistletoe instead of pine cones!

Well, now you know...I like stamps, but not all of them...not all the time. Now you have to wait for that Christmas card from me, see what I chose for you...not everybody got pine cones!

CBB

No comments: