Sunday, January 16, 2011

True Grit

Wow.
It is all I can keep saying in my mind.
What a beautiful movie.
One so masterfully crafted, it could have only come from the Coen Brothers. (One day soon, I am going to dedicate a whole post to these amazing movie makers.)

I am not a western watcher, but have seen several in my life that, I feel, were the top of their genre. For example, Unforgiven and Pale Rider. You can imagine it was a tad weird for me to see a western without Clint Eastwood then...LOL! I must say, though, Jeff Bridges was dynamite. Matt Damon was even pretty goody as a smarmy Texas Ranger. However, the show stealer was no doubt, Miss Hailee Steinfeld! This child was "out of this world" good. If they overlook her for an "Oscar" nod, shame on the industry!

So to sum it up, The weather has been bad and I was glad to get out of the house for this, but if you are snowed in somewhere, and can still walk to the theatre to see this movie...do it. It is well worth the time, energy, and $7 popcorn. I promise.

CBB

No comments: