Sunday, September 21, 2008

Different Faces...Same Parties.

My friend, Tim, is a philosopher. Now, he would never say so, but he is...OK, so maybe he's just a wise ol' drunk, but I like him. He was my first boyfriend way back in 1st grade, and that stands for something in my book...LOL.

Tim likes to remind me that I am NOT a city girl. (Yes, in my heart I am a New Yorker, or should I say, a New Orleans-er.) But he is right, I was born and raised in the mountains, and found love and returned here, but that's not what this story is about...

Recently, we were standing outside another friend's house when I looked at him and said, "Tim, it's the same anywhere." He looked at me somewhat puzzled and I proceeded to tell him that no matter the place, no matter the people, no matter the money involved...all parties are the same...just different faces. He laughed and said, "Christy-Daryl (yes, around here and to my old classmates, I have a double name), you are exactly right." For about 5 minutes we talked about how the same types of people are always at parties...the dancer, the drink-til-you-pass-out guy/gal, the fighter, the singer, and so on and so forth...and talked a little about how there was nothing better than being at a party and having a good time with good friends.

...I've seen him at 3 other parties since that night...
The unexamined life is not worth living. -Socrates or was that you Tim Hall?

Mrs. B :o)

1 comment:

Mary&andJD Allen said...

I saw this picture and my first thought was " omg, Christy has divorced Chad and married this guy." j/k So I am guessing by your blog you went to four different Halloween Shin-digs this weekend? I didn't celebrate Halloween this year for some reason. It just came too fast, and then left without any real hype. There was hardly anyone dressed up at work, kind of sad.