Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I am Starbucks

I love "frozen" coffee. What do they call it?...frappuccino, ah yes. I call it a coffee-milkshake and Starbucks makes the best. They, also, make the most expensive, but as they say, you get what you pay for...LOL.

Surely, there are sites strictly dedicated to making fun of Starbucks and those of us wasting our money there when children are starving somewhere in the world.

I know. I do feel guilty paying more for something to drink than 2 Happy Meals would cost me, and in bags of rice for 3rd world countries--well, I can only assume that would be like 3 bags or something.

Now wait, I am not making fun. I am the most philanthropic person I know, but Starbucks' drinks are like McDonald's Coke and Diet Coke...they totally put something in it to make you want it...LOL. ( I have swore this for 10 years, my best bud C2 will agree.)

Anyway, I am Starbucks and that makes me feel weird, or if nothing else...average. I am the targeted demographic for advertisers. I am the typical American consumer now...I am slowly becoming vanilla, after all these years of being Neapolitan...LOL. Well, I'm OK with that. I can now blame it on old(er) age.

...and by heck, I like my Starbucks' frappuccino. (Grande Caramel, please.)

Oh yeah, I do save more money now...since Mr. Chad moved me to the boonies and there's not a Starbucks in sight. Thank God, I love to travel...LOL.

Mrs. B :o)

No comments: