Monday, July 13, 2009

...back to the doctor...wtf?...whiplash?

Ok...so I go back to the doctor today. You know, make sure the pneumonia is gone...which I am sure is not, but turns out is...who knew? (However, there must be some other reason I am breathing like an 85 year old, chain-smoking hag.)

Anyway, x-rays show lungs are clear. My oxygen level is 97%. The C/T scan shows no pulmonary issues...I'm starting to think this is all in my head...and then guess what? It turns out it is.

Dealing with the pneumonia was an ordeal. I'm not a good sick person and when I can't breathe, like most of us, I am not a happy person. I blamed my antibiotic for all the head trauma I was having. It stated on it's website...headaches and brain-stem swelling...that was EXACTLY what I was having.

However, when I stopped the med it didn't go away...so I proceed to tell my doctor and then he starts feeling around and asking questions and then the hubs pipes in and starts chatting with him about "my roller coaster" comment at Disney...I try to brush it off, but then my doc "ssshhhhhs" me. I was like, heh? Did he just "ssshhhh" me?

So, after xrays, I have a freakin' C-spine injury...WHIPLASH. The kind where I have to wear the collar that I make fun of people wearing all the time. The kind that ambulance-chasing lawyers look for in a crowd. It is pathetic. I AM PATHETIC.

...but I want to get better, so according to wiki :Treatment for individuals with whiplash may include pain medications, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antidepressants, muscle relaxants, and a cervical collar (usually worn for 2 to 3 weeks). Range of motion exercises, physical therapy, and cervical traction may also be prescribed. Supplemental heat application may relieve muscle tension...and I can live with that, but I have to go to a neurologist on Friday, so we'll see what she says...and then we'll see what I have to do to get out of this contraption.

Ain't life grand?...well, I am living, so that's good enough for me today!
CBB

1 comment:

Mommy said...

I knew you were messed up in the head.. I didnt need a ten page blog to tell me that :P