Friday, February 5, 2010

Good teaching days!

Modern cynics and skeptics... see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing. ~John F. Kennedy

Today was an awesome teaching day, and mind you, I never had the intention to teach.

A day where I think every kid learned something...or I felt like they did anyway and I felt like I was teaching the future and that mankind had a chance to redeem itself.

OK, so maybe it wasn't life altering, but MATH matters.
Mean, median, and mode matters and I believe they got it. Slope-Intercept matters and I think they got it. Finding the nth term of a sequence matters and I hope they got it....and if they didn't, I'm OK with that too b/c I gave it my all today, just like I did yesterday, and they came back. These days, that's a major compliment.

Mrs. B

No comments: