Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

It is Mardi Gras and the ONE day I know what it means to miss New Orleans more than any other day of the year!

Contrary to what people think, Mardi Gras is not what you see on Girls Gone Wild and Cops. In the Quarter, It can get rowdy, but for most folks...it's just good, ol' family fun--a day of watching parades, cajun food, and hangin' with friends.

Yes, I miss it with all my heart today. I miss the neutral ground, Yellin', "throw me something, Mister" and not workin' when the rest of the US is dealin' with the grind.

New Orleans, it is unlikely, I will ever return to you permenantly, but you are always in my heart.

Mrs. B

2 comments:

Caden's Blog said...

the question is: will you ever return to it "permanently" :P love ya

Melita said...

i have never been to new orleans but i hope to go one day. hugs!!