Monday, February 8, 2010

Who Dat? Who Dat?...Saints win Super Bowl!

It is hard to contain the emotions I feel when writing this post. The Saints won the Super Bowl, and unless you hate puppies and Jesus, then you are happy for them and the city of New Orleans.

I like to think of myself as a Saints fan. I definitely consider every resident of the state of Louisiana a fan, but there is no one (and I mean no one) that I know, a bigger fan than my cousin, Jr. Boy(Solomon Jr.). He has been a fan for as long as I can remember...and I'm talking like Kindergarten, people.

When Porter intercepted that throw from Manning, the stars aligned and all was right in the world. I was screaming to the point of losing my breath, all the while trying to call Jr. His wife answered the phone and all i could hear were screams of joy in background--the kind of screams you hear when someone hits the lottery. It was UNBELIEVABLE!

I spoke to him and everyone that called me or that I called and the night was like a moment that stands still. Wow, can you imagine how Brees felt? A quarterback with a major injury that this team took a chance on...what a moment for him!

The next day I got an email from Jr., and he's not one for emailing...LOL, and I'd like to share an excerpt from it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. These are his exact words:

Please be prepared for incoherent babble…

I wore my Saints t-shirt to work today over my uniform. My co-workers have been giving me crap all morning and I love it. Victory is so much sweeter when proceeded by 31 years of misery. I keep seeing the interception over and over in my mind. The sad part is for 31 years I watched the Super Bowl for the commercials yet I can’t remember any from last night. My stomach was in knots so at commercial breaks I paced and de-stressed. Mom and Dad ordered me the bundle package off of TV last night.


I have been a Mikey Waltrip fan since I started watching NASCAR so when
he finally won his first race at Daytona I cried more than DW did. But last night when Tracy Porter intercepted America’s sweetheart, I almost exploded. Go baby go, go baby go, by the time he got to the 40 I was screaming and crying. I may never see dem Saints in another Super Bowl but for one night I was the happiest NFL fan in the world. I feel like Rudy’s dad at the Notre Dame game.

Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat
dem Saints?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'd have liked the bundle package too, or at least the hat

james said...

It was a great game....