Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I am a teacher...I think.

Well, It has happened. Somewhere in a little town in the middle of nowhere (actually 20 minutes from my front door)...I am now an official teacher. Thank you, Lord...or I guess I should say, "thank you, Kelly Hall".

I took a chance, out of sheer desperation, and called everyone that I knew that I thought may possibly be able to help me find a job...and I guess it worked. Kelly and I have known each other our whole lives. We grew up a football field's length away from one another. A great guy to say the least, and now I owe him one.

I know it was the 11th Hour, and desperate times call for desperate measures...and well, it worked in my favor, and I am now teaching. Not just teaching, but teaching in the field I want to teach--Math. Now, I am no Euclid, but I love kids in math b/c most of them do not want to be there and you have to make it fun and make it real for them to see how important it is...that there is meaning to all those numbers and letters.

How ironic, I am now a variable.

My life will now consist of putting forth numbers(in a "big way" if I want to keep the job), by teaching numbers, to a cadre of numbers that must produce "big" numbers on numbered tests from the numbers I put forth. Maybe I should be teaching philosophy?

Anyway, here I am...Class, let's begin.
Mrs. B :o)

1 comment:

Mary&andJD Allen said...

Isn't it crazy how when you are young you see teachers as being so much older and almost incapable of breaking the law or doing anything bad. Then you get old and realize your friends are teachers and it just seems surreal. Teachers rock though and should make more than doctors!