Thursday, March 13, 2008

100 days

Today's topics, thank yous and wedding cake.

I send cards for everything-birthdays, thinking of you, congrats, etc...so, last night I spent some time making "thank yous" for our wedding. I send "thank yous" all the time. Thanks for coming to visit. Thanks for the thoughtfulness. Thanks for dinner. I imagine I will send many, MANY "thank yous" over the next 6 months. They aren't completed, but they are turning out quite nicely.(I'll have to post a pic later.) I, also, made 4x6 note cards to match the color of my wedding. These note cards are for people to write their best wishes, advice, or whatever they feel like writing to us on our special day. I thought it would be a great alternative to a guest book at the reception. I figured I'd leave the guest book idea for the church only. Plus, it's really rather a small list of "guests", mainly just our families...or should I say family (long story for another day).

Lately, I get anxious and nervous about the planning. I don't really have anyone to help me and I'm such a micro-manager, I probably wouldn't let anyone help me, anyway...still, it would be nice to share things with someone other than just Mr. Chad. My friend, Mary, is getting married one week after me, so that is a bright spot...because we share ideas or she helps me see that I must be on schedule...for every 10 things I have already done, she is doing one and in no hurry to do that one...LOL. She really is a hoot.

Now, to my favorite part of any good wedding reception-the cake!!! The cake has been ordered, but Chad and I have not went to a tasting, yet. I chose a place called Robin's Cakes from back home. I have had Robin's Cakes cake before( http://robinscakes.biz/index.html ) and I swear it was the first time I realized the true meaning of "melts in your mouth". It was so YUM-O (thank you, Rachel Ray... for the best new food adjective in the world). Robin's prices are so affordable-the wedding cake is about $2 a slice, way below the national average and way below the true value of her cake. When Chad and I were to be married last year, I had asked Robin to make our cake and due to personal obligations-she couldn't do it. Now, I GOT HER! She and I chuckle that it must have been in the stars for her to make this cake. All I can say, is that I'm counting the days...

100, 99, 98, 97, 96...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

No comments: