Friday, March 21, 2008

96 days and still in a haze, purple...that is.

I guess, it turns out, songs are very important to a ceremony.

Well, I knew that! In fact, to me(and probably Mr. Chad), it is the most important aspect of this whole event. He said to me once, "until you came along...songs had words, but no meanings". I would like to be able to tell you this was a poetic way of him saying how much he loved me, but it is not. It is quite literal, songs were just songs to him. Either they sounded good or they didn't. There was no meaning.

Now, EVERYSONG has a meaning and he knows that I read into EVERYTHING. (Which is something I need to let go of, because unlike me, there are people that just listen to music for melodic sake...who knew?) ***Let's just say, I find it hard to think he likes Buckcherry's "Crazy Bitch" because it sounds good and you can dance to it. Get my point. :o)

Anyhoo, with all that being said, music is now such a staple of "our" life together, it must hold an integral part in our ceremony. LATE NIGHTS of him drinking and playing Itunes, while I try to stay awake, while really wanting to sleep, but realizing how sweet he's trying to be playing Conway Twitty's version of "Slow Hand". (which he knows I am VERY aware of the Pointer Sister's version). HOURS of him trying to stump me with, "Who is this, baby?". I can't remember all the hair bands, but I try and he loves it.

Music is soooo good for a couple.

However, Mr. Chad and I are not always on the same page-music wise. Nothing will ever make him like Josh Grogan(Groban), as he calls him, but he has decided that Michael Buble' singing "Home" is very nice. I, on the other hand, have also come to realize that Poison had more songs than, "Talk Dirty to Me". At this point, the music has not been decided for the ceremony, with the exception of "Let it Be" to close both ceremony and reception, but we are working on it...and I know both Alabama and maybe Jim Croce have a place in our "I Do's".

96, 95, 94, 93, 92...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

No comments: