Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

Tori and Dean, Sharpies, and Circus Peanuts candy. Yes, I love all three of them.

I have loved Tori Spelling since the 90210 days. I didn't love her as Donna Martin. I loved her as a little, lost, rich girl who could not step out of the shadow of her father. Now, that she has been married and divorced, and then married again to her true love, had 2 beautiful children, and buying a house that is not the size of a football field...one can start to see how normally average she wants to be. Watching them on television, you see how down to earth she is and Dean is just what she needed to come into her own. I love how she can make fun of herself these days, how finding the right preschool for her son is just as nerve-wrecking for her as it is for any average person, and how she tries so hard to stand on her own 2 feet. I, also, empathize with her in regards to her relationship with her mother...I know her issues and I feel her pain...LOL.

Sharpies...God's gift to the doodler. Permanent , ultra fine, black is my favorite, but there are so many in second place. First, there is the highlighter. I mean, does anyone else even make highlighters? Second, Sharpie minis are super cool and you can keep them handy everywhere...in your purse, hanging from your rear view, hooked to your backpack, and so on...I love buying these for my girls. Third, the invention of the retractable Sharpie, quite possibly compares to the invention of sliced bread...LOL.

Last is my simple obsession with Circus Peanuts candy. You know, the orange ones that come in little plastic bags, normally at a convenient store, and sold at a whopping price of 2 for a $1. You can usually find them surrounded by Maple Nut Goodies, Boston Baked Beans, and Pop Bottles filled with sugar water. I love this candy. I could, wait can, eat 25-30 of these at one setting, but I limit myself to purchasing these on rare occasions, so not to turn into, pardon the pun, and elephant...LOL. I just wish they came in other colors.

To close, there is one other guilty pleasure I want to write about, but it is not merely my own...it's mine and my husband's...cartoons/animation. We love everything from Family Guy and American Dad to Lil' Bush, Squidbillies, and Lilo & Stitch. I think I wrote about this before, just had to reiterate when talking about guilty pleasures...LOL.

What is your guilty pleasure? I have a few others, too...LOL...just can't give away everything...have to leave a bit of mystery about me.


:o)

3 comments:

Mommy said...

dude your blogs are becoming increasingly random lol and yes other companies make Highlighters. Accent for one. I think you just have too much time on your hands. When Caden is born you can come down and have lots of fun :)

Unknown said...

Ummm, how about Coca Cola...I love Coke! It's not good for me but I love it. Another is Lemon Curd! OMG it's ambrosia but I only buy it every once in a while since it doesn't last long. It's the little things that mean a lot.

Louis Winthorpe III said...

As mentioned earlier--lucid dreaming on weekend mornings...