Tuesday, July 1, 2008

There's No Place Like Home...

Sometimes, I think I repeat myself on here. I try going back to make sure that I haven't, but there are a few things in life that we, as humans, tend to "harp" on...and my return home to the "mountains" appears to be one I have to defend on occasion, or maybe I'm not defending it...maybe I'm trying to convince myself. I am not sure-yet!...LOL.


We all know, or should, that I wanted to live in a NYC brownstone, but as of June 21st, I accepted the fact that it will never occur. I'm OK with that, b/c what i gave up--is something I assumed would be awesome and perfect and where Ross and Rachel would be my neighbors...for what I have now that really IS. Make sense?

The thought of my husband being in a place with more than 4 lanes of traffic, on a daily basis, is comical, too. You take him off of Rt.7 for more than a week and he loses his bearings...LOL. I fell in love with him though b/c of his true love of where he's from and that he knows and loves who he is...My husband is a verse and a chord of every Montgomery Gentry song...LOL. I wish I was kidding, right now, but I am not. :o)


I have NEVER felt that I belonged somewhere--Heck,anywhere for that matter. I have felt comfortable in many different places, but not like I belonged there. I do not feel that I belong in Eastern Kentucky, but it is now my home, and my home is with Mr. Chad, so maybe it's not a physical, tangible place, but it is a place that I can't describe, yet can now no longer live outside its boundaries.


Remember, Dorothy went to OZ and back only to discover she wanted nothing more than to return to her family. It saddens me to think that it has taken me 35 years to find the meaning of family...Until I fell in love with Mr. Chad, I could have lived anywhere in the world with my girls and been perfectly happy. My only family could have been Catarina and Claudia, and that would have been perfectly fine with me...Oh, and C2, Chris and Cass...the rest of my family. :o)


We all get to this point, though. Right? Where being a millionaire before 40 loses its depth and meaning...and planting a garden and watching it grow, as your children laugh in the back yard, becomes the most important thing in the world. You see the person that you love and that loves you back years from now in a swing with you trying to remember the name of the preacher that married you.


I hope. I pray, I'm finally at peace...that I am home.


...another sunny day
has come and gone away
in Paris and Rome...
but I wanna go home.

-Michael Buble'



Mrs. Chad Anthony Boyd (hee hee hee)

4 comments:

Mommy said...

"And I feel just like I’m living someone else’s life
It’s like I just stepped outside
When everything was going right
And I know just why you could not
Come along with me
This was not your dream
But you always believed in me"

Mary&andJD Allen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary&andJD Allen said...

Home is where the nearest Taco Bell is. (Remember when you told me taco bell was 45! minutes away from your new home?) I think happiness is something you can find anywhere. You have all of the tools, great husband, good looks and two healthy daughters. We constantly worry, when in reality God always makes a way. I am not preaching, just reminding you of something you already knew, but may have forgotten. There is a really good song out by Paul Alan, " To bring you back," that I think you would like. I am working on worrying less, ( if O worry less, the older I get, I may be living happily in a box at 40.)

Riki said...

Well, my dear you have excepted this life, so guess what tooooo bad cousin! I think it was your true destiny any way. Either way you are going to be happy, and if not I will listen to your complaining! Love ya