Wednesday, June 11, 2008

12...one dozen

Here it comes... Marriage is putting all your eggs in one basket...LOL. I know, corny, right?...but very true. It is that moment in your life when you find the one person that convinces you that they are the "end all/be all"...LOL.

With 12 days to go, I am there. ( LOL...I have been for a while.) However, I want to tell you about the most current "this is the man for me" moment...b/c I have had 2 of those in the last 2 days...LOL. Today will be about one of them and I'll share the other with you in the next post.

Mr. Chad was saddened that I didn't bring the girls with me when I went home on Sunday night. I don't know why it surprised me, but it did. After 5 years, I guess I could assume he loves them like his own. I know he says that all the time and I think he does, but this time it was very different. I could see the sadness and disappointment. Does it make sense if I say that it made me happy that he was sad? Happy and grateful in a way that you feel when you've just dodged a turtle in the road. It seems like something so small but the value in it is immeasurable.

I am reminded of that quote about families from Lilo and Stitch, " This is my family. I found it, all on my own. It is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good. "...dang, I'm crying again...LOL. I will never make it through another pregnancy...LOL...heck, this wedding blog is draining me.

I am so blessed. I feel good about the changes occurring. I am ready to start a new chapter of my life where there is more than 1 main character...where there is foreshadowing, and suspense, and conflict...and in the end a little resolution. I am ready.

Once upon a time....life.......more living............they lived happily ever after. The End...or better still,...The Beginning.

12,11,10,9,8...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How right you are. I feel terrible if I "hit that turtle" or any animal for that matter. You also must remember, there is no end.

Someone picks up the story where you left off
be it a sister, brother, daughter or son.
The story continues and work to be done.