Thursday, June 12, 2008

9 Chickweed Lane



So...what did I say about numbers ending in 9...LOL? Well, here I am at the actual 9...and my stomach aches, my mouth hurts, I'm loosing precious hours of sleep...and i feel fine...Leonard Bernstein...Sorry, I lost it for a minute. I am ready for marriage at this point, but not sure I can say the same about being ready for this wedding...LOL.

On to the real subject at hand, we all know, that I "google" sometimes to get an idea about what to blog about in regards to the day's number. Well, the darnedest thing happened today. I came across the neatest comic strip. 9 Chickweed Lane. You can find it at http://www.comics.com/

However, I followed a link to the artist's blog (http://officialpibgorn.livejournal.com/) I have now read everything I can find on it! It is so educated-funny and so far from my life, but I see a little of myself in EVERY character. (Just as in real life, you will LOVE the granny...LOL...trust me.)

I saw the beautiful sketch above on his blog and decided it couldn't hurt to ask if I could post it and about him here. Never got around to asking about making it the cover of the wedding program, but that's ok...LOL. I love the raw sketch-form of the picture. Anyway, I emailed him and he responded very quickly and said "yes"...LOL...I got so involved with his comics, and writing, and sketches that I even read about his gallbladder surgery...LOL. My point is, how wonderful when people in our day to day world, stop and talk to those they affect or entertain, but will never know. His note:

Yes, you may certainly post the picture. If you don't mind, could you also notate that it is the sketch for the final drawing in my most recent book, "Pibgorn Rep: A Midsummer Night's Dream"? It actually depicts Oberan carrying Robin Goodfellow (who is, in my book, female) away, to her unbridled joy.
All best wishes.
Brooke McEldowney

That's it! That's why I love that picture. I knew what Mr. McEldowney was saying in that sketch without any explanation. I mean, ...Mr. Chad may can't carry me away, but we are headed towards what we hope to be our unbridled joy...and we couldn't be happier.

9,8,7,6,5...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

No comments: