Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Human Chromosome 22


Who are we?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromosome_22_(human)


Science truly amazes me. Mr Chad LOVES space the way I love the makeup of the human body. I want to know who I am and who I am going to be.

We both have had some form of cancer. Will our children? My mother is blind in one eye. Will I lose my vision? These questions may seem weird, but I think we all want to know certain things about ourselves, even if it's just for the sake of curiosity.

I mean, I do not want to know how and when I'll die, but I would like to know if I'm predestined for something like diabetes, so that I can take preventative measures now. If there is something I could do to keep me chugging along so that I may see my children's children, then by God, I'm going to do whatever it takes...LOL. I, also, would like to keep myself healthy so that Mr. Chad and I "live long and prosper" (yeah, baby...I put that in there just for YOU...LOL).

Anyway, the above link is a great read, and I'll tell you, on another day, how I want to choose the sex of our next child (if and when)...and how Catarina already calls him Cyclops...LOL..."babies come out with one eye, Mom...when you start messing with their DNA..." Thanks, Catarina. I need something else to worry about.

22,21,20,19,18...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Yeah No SHIT! Go Catarina! Have you never watched Gattaca. Not that this relates to someone coming out with one eye but it is very closely related.... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119177/plotsummary next step is discrimination and personally I tend to think it's a little sacreligious.