Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Triple Crown

Over the years, Mr. Chad and I have placed many bets, mainly on the ponies...LOL, but now here we are, taking the biggest gamble of our lives...marriage! Stats are not good on the probability of marital success...not to mention actual marital bliss...LOL. Nevertheless, the race is on...LOL.

Over the past few months, I've tried to cover everything in my blog, about wedding plans, marital worries, and the best laid plans for a successful marriage, but in 3 days will any of it matter? In 3 days, I will pledge my undying and everlasting love to Mr. Chad and no one will care if the pew bows came out with 8 loops or 10...LOL.

I would like to think of our marriage as maybe, a horse race...off with a bang, pushing ahead, trotting a bit, and then beating the odds and coming out a winner. We all know life is not a horse race, though. When you love someone...sometimes you gamble, but you have to know what the stakes are in the beginning and know that there are sacrifices that may lie ahead. It took me years to figure out how to bet, but I am very cautious with my "betting" money(...knocked me out of 8k, once...but I survived. You can't lose what you don't have, you can only lose what you do...LOL.)

In 3 days, I will marry the man of my dreams, start a beautiful new chapter in my life with my girls and Mr. Chad, and continue to build a home for those that I love most in this world...I may not be great at betting...or winning...LOL, but I would say that sounds like a Triple Crown win to me.

3,2,1...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

No comments: