Friday, June 27, 2008

...all that's left is a band of (white) gold

PWD...post-wedding depression...LOL. Yeah, I got it. I woke up Sunday not knowing what to do with myself. There was nothing to plan, nothing to write in my handy-dandy notebook, absolutely nothing to do!!! I mean, Monday was another story...linens to return, cake stand to take back, final payment on the reception...LOL, but the "day after" the wedding...truly, felt like the day after...

I don't want to weird people out about marriage, but I did NOT feel any different. As we were going to sleep, Mr. Chad said, "goodnight, wife", but my heart did not leap out of my throat or anything like that...I guess those could have been butterflies in my stomach...I thought I was just nauseated...LOL. I have felt like his wife for so long that marriage to me was simply "legal" paperwork, or the day I would became eligible for medical insurance...LOL.

Don't get me wrong, either...I'm not unhappy or regretting my decision. I just thought--maybe--there would be a tad more mental fanfare...LOL. I thought--maybe--he would look more "googly-eyed" at me. I thought--maybe--a jazz band would play in my head every time he came around me. Nope. It was just another day in the life of Christy and Mr. Chad...LOL, and isn't that what marriage is?...just another day of living, breathing and being for someone else, yet not forgetting who you are and inviting them to share the experience with you.

All I can say, is that I have struggled to find happiness and inner peace for soooo long that I have failed to enjoy my life's ride, at times, and that from this day forward...I plan to be just as happy being in the passenger seat as I am at hogging the wheel.

Sincerely,
Christy Buettner Boyd...
****Not sure how to end my posts now??? Any suggestions??? I'm certainly not going to do Sincerely...LOL...and the count down is over...LOL. What do y'all think?

No comments: