Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Fantastic Four

Mr. Chad, Catarina, Claudia, and me...

We've been together for so long(5 years), but we are now approaching a new adventure, a new fork in the road per se...LOL. Mr. Chad will fill an "official" position in our little family now.

What shall we call him?

The girls call their dad's wife and little sister's mom, Mama B. I am perfectly fine with that...we all know our boundaries in this weirdness that is divorced parenting...and Ms. Trish, "Mama B" is super. Personally, I call her friend. In fact, she is really great at being who she is and I never use the term "step", b/c that seems so disrespectful.

So, what shall we call Mr. Chad? Nothing with "dad" in it...nothing with "pops" attached and certainly not Pepsi...LOL...that one is already taken. (My friend JJ at work...her nephew calls his mother's husband that. See, they married when he was young and when the nephew asked what he should call him, he said that he didn't care...so from that day on...he was Pepsi...still calls him that to this day...LOL.)

The girls seemed to like Daddy B. I nipped that in the bud. (Charles, you can thank me for that later. **No matter how secure we feel about our parenting skills, mommy & daddy are reserved for the 2 people that bring you into this world.) I thought about Mr.C, but that seemed way to Happy Days-ish. If I could pick a name for Mr.Chad...it would be Mr. Fantastic...b/c he is. He loves the girls and would do anything for them. In the end though, the name that best suits him is...Mr. Chad, and for a very simple reason...You should never try to fix things that aren't broken.

4,3,2,1...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

No comments: