Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cake stands


Am I the only person crazy for cake stands?
I love these things.
They really are an asset to any kitchen, baker, or decorator.
These days, I'm a bit obsessed with them.
I have made nearly a dozen,
mainly for gifts,
but how easy is making a cake and putting it on something pretty?

There are many different styles,
with a wide price range,
of these stands out there.
However, you can make one in 3 easy steps!
  • Buy a plate and something to put plate on.
  • Get out the E6000(or any epoxy)
  • Put them together



Not a lot of rules,
but remember,
if something heavy is going on the plate,
the base has to be able to hold it up!
I have seen many, many stands:
round, square, cupcake, wood, glass, etc....you get my point.

Below, I am going to share a few that I like,
and the link for you to go see what they are
...and how to do it!

A word to the wise, though:
cake stands made from wood, may need more steps than three
...sometimes a drill may be required!


3 comments:

Sonica said...

Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!

Cake Stands

viji said...

Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.

Cake Stands

kraftykj said...

Wow you have wonderful ideals! I am thinking the cake stands are awesome. Now I must go look at some antique stores for some items to make one of these.
Kraftykj swapbot love comment blog 5