Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 7-I love wine and their labels.

If you are looking for a wine snob...go ahead and quit reading, hit next, or just turn off your computer. I am not a wine snob. I do not drink what some magazine, catering to people who have never lived within my budgetary restrictions, tells me to drink.

Good wine is good wine.

When I drink wine, I am almost always surrounded by those I love...family, friends, neighbors, but I have been known to drown my sorrows in a good, cheap bottle of wine, too...and sometimes with no one else but Jane Austen and Mr. Darcy.


Buying wine for me is an experience. I sometimes read reviews, but only if they are in one of my "foodie" mags. I listen to friends suggestions, or I buy the bottle 'cause it's PURTY! (that is hillbilly for lovely label/bottle.


Regardless, as I stated above "good wine is good wine". It is not always what the bottle holds, or the pretty packaging, many times it the who, what, when , and where you share it with that makes it good.

1 comment:

Jen Watts said...

I love wine too! I also love looking at the labels.. They often dictate what I choose to buy.