Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 10--I love NOLA!

I can hear the music in my head, Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans? I miss it both night and day. I know that it's wrong...this feeling's getting stronger...the longer I stay away. Ah, nothing like a little Louis to conjure up the deep emotions I have for my old hometown.

The best place in the world for food and hospitality:
Red beans and rice on Monday and a crawfish boil in all the months without an "R". Mardi Gras parties and Jazz Fest. The Gambit. Drive-thru Daiquiri stands...with samples. Jackson Square. Haunted cemeteries. Gris-Gris. The mighty Mississippi River. Cooter Brown's. Street cars. Purple, Green, Gold--Gold & Black. Dirty Rice. Dirty Politics. Catholic school. Lent-Fish Frys. Humidity. Beads and "Second Line" umbrellas. Dr. John. Newcomers.

You know they say, "You don't know what you have 'til it's gone". I have been fortunate enough to experience that only once, but I'm gonna get her back someday.
I do know what it means to miss New Orleans.

No comments: