Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Loveliness 2011

To start, I love Hathaway and Franco, but last night's Oscars were a tad bit boring...just sayin'.
With that out of the way, here are my fave dresses from the red carpet.
This was an amazing dress for this young lady.
I thought it was age appropriate
and was a natural look for her.
Turns out...she helped design it!


I love AA and I thought she looked FAB.
I loved the green jewels.
It made this "plain jane" dress stand out!
...and the jewels,
that's another story:
1.35 million dollars worth!



I loved her look, tres' chic!
However, I think she should have
either darkened her hair a tad,
or wore the same dress
in a darker tone of this color.
Does that make sense?
I thought she kinda looked washed out...
but I loved it...
and her!



I didn't love it,
but I thought she looked nice and comfortable
...and I own this dress.
OK, so not the Armani version,
but one very similar,
 that I wore for Mardi Gras
several years ago...LOL.
I'm not even joking.

To end though, I must say, "NO ONE stood above Hathaway".
I loved EVERY outfit she changed into for the night!
(Except, maybe, the tuxedo.)


That pretty much sums up what I thought was the best dressed.
All in all though,
pretty boring overall.
What did you think?
CBB

P.S. Congrats to The King's Speech.
I love Colin Firth.
I have loved him since he was Mr. Darcy
in Pride and Prejudice
over 15 years ago.
*In fact,
Helen Fielding said that
Colin Firth as P&P Mr. Darcy 
was the direct inspiration for her Mr. Darcy
in Bridget Jones's Diary.
Don't you just love that?

2 comments:

Jen Watts said...

Love Colin Firth!! Gwyneth was my fav!

Kristi said...

I loved Anne Hathaway's Red--red carpet gown. She looked amazing! I also loved Halle Berry.