Tuesday, May 27, 2008

27 dresses

Mr. Chad said before, that if I bought a new wedding dress, it would be b/c I was marrying someone else...well, I'm not marrying someone else but I can't wear the ones I have. I think I am really going to have to get a new one, or... I may have to go naked...LOL. (Lady Godiva (fl. 1040-1080) was an Anglo-Saxon noblewoman who, according to legend, rode naked through the streets of Coventry in England...thank you, Wiki.)

The dress I bought in January of 2007 is the dress of my dreams, but there is no way I'm going to get into it...I'm just too tired and lazy these last few weeks. I plan on wearing it to something in the future...just haven't figured out what, yet. The other dress, I don't really have an emotional attachment to, so I'm not too concerned with it...probably put it on ebay or sell at a yard sale...LOL.

I know...27 dresses wasn't just about my dilemma. It's all the dresses that have to be bought for everyone in the party. Wedding dresses for me, a dress for Catarina, one for Claudia, and not just those they we are paying for...Mr. Chad's mom is buying a new dress for lack of personal selection(she's an overalls and tank top kind of gal...LOL), and my own mom, who probably has TOO many to chose from, will no doubt buy a new dress, as well...LOL. ( I thought for sure using black and white that everyone would already have dresses.)

I guess the good thing about new dresses is shopping and bonding, and that suits me and the above mentioned just fine...LOL.

27,26,25,24,23...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

No comments: