Thursday, May 29, 2008

24 hours a day

24 hours. Seems like a lot of time...but it's not really, and I'm not even talking about the wedding here. I'm just generally speaking about how time flies. Yeah, and forget the saying, when you're having fun...LOL. Life can suck and it still zooms right past you.

Here in Kentucky, we have a drink called Ale-8-1. I first had it when I was about 15 years old. It is so good!!! The diet is OK, too...but nothing compares to the real stuff. According to the website, http://www.ale8one.com/index.html?CFID=749889&CFTOKEN=75500620 ,the name comes from "a late one"...meaning the latest in the soda craze back in the day, but for me, and my short days..."a late one" means I drink it late and it keeps me up one more hour...LOL. I think of it as my daytime extender, and...it's nothing like those energy drinks out there, making my heart go thumpty-thump, which in turn, makes me feel dirty like I just bought crack on a street corner...LOL.

Back to time flying, I'm 35 with 2 kids, embarking on a new adventure with the love of my life and I am terrified. It seems like just yesterday I was a Rock & Roll Groupie that wanted to be an actress. Now, I just want a few more hours in my day to tend to my plants, talk (not text) with my kids, and wind down reading a book or watching Anderson Cooper. Time is flying, and as Mr Dylan sang, It's (also) a changin'.

24,23,22,21,20...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

No comments: