Tuesday, May 27, 2008

OMG...28 more.

With less than a month to go and the day drawing closer and closer, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's not exactly bright, shining, and leading the way for me...but I do see it. One of the bright points of planning in these last few days have been my parents (and I never expected it). So, today I want to blog about my mom...sorry, Jeff (my s-dad...I don't like the word step)...LOL.

Tradition states the bride's parents pay for the majority of the wedding. I have every intention of doing this for Catarina and Claudia. However, I am an older bride and this is my second marriage (but first wedding, thank you very much...LOL), so I don't expect and didn't want my parents to put out money they really don't have at this time. Mr. Chad and I set a budget and we've stuck to it for the most part.

The only thing I asked my mother to do was pay for the cake, which she agreed to do. I, also, asked her to pay 1/3 on the flowers/ferns, but told her she could have those ferns after the wedding and she agreed to that, as well. This may not seem like a lot, but it means the world to me. Mr. Chad and I fell that the less others help with the wedding bill...the less input they have, so Mr. Chad and I have made most of the decisions in regards to our dream day. :o)

Recently, my mom and I spent the day together at her house doing nothing. We talked about the wedding and I kinda explained my vision, but it was no big deal...I would get it done. I think she saw how stressed I was over the whole ordeal my uncle was trying to put me thru--about the date of my wedding and the family reunion gathering. Anyway, whatever she saw put a fire under her like I have never seen. I guess it's that old story, you want to see how crazy a WOMAN is?...mess with her kids...LOL.

Anyway, my mom has really made an effort in trying to help me any way she can. It's very sweet and truly not needed, but I would never tell her that...I love her too much. I may be able to do all this stuff by myself, but I'm sure I can find plenty more things for her to do...and eventually do what she does best...complain about the things you ask her to do...LOL


28,27,26,25,24...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

No comments: