Thursday, May 1, 2008

5th 3rd...banking issues and marriage.

Is it wrong to want to keep finances separate when getting married? Currently, Mr. Chad makes most of the money, but I hope...very soon, that we become equal to some degree. I think the 2 of us should split everything 50/50...but that whatever is left over, not including-- retirement, vacations, and educating the kids, that we should be able to do what we want with the rest.

Mr. Chad wants to build a race car/racing team/heck, just anything to do with him being behind the wheel of a car--any kind of car, for that matter...and I'm GREAT with that...I, on the other hand, want a luxury car(preferably a BMW of any kind without the word wagon after it...LOL) and to travel with the kids. In fact, I would skip on the luxury car to travel with my girls.

He sees what I want to do as time that I don't want to be with him, but I think it's a wonderful plan...when he races, his Dad gets to be with him...and when the girls and I travel, they get to be with "their" Mom. How perfect is that?

Ultimately though, we both want to be debt free. I would love to pay the house off in 10 years and just live a little frugal to enjoy later...he does not think that will happen. I spend too much and rarely plan for a rainy day. I am working on that, but he's right. Thank goodness for savers and planners. LOL

53,52,51,50,49...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

No comments: