Wednesday, May 7, 2008

How much for 47 cards?

It's that time of year again. Card time. You know exactly what I'm talking about...Mother's Day, Graduation, June weddings, baby showers and births, Father's Day...so on and so forth...LOL.

I love cards, even in this digital age, nothing is as special as getting a card (via snail mail) from someone...LOL. A card says, "hey, I was thinking about you...not that I don't always, but today you were REALLY on my mind". If I had 1 card for every 10 I have sent, I could build a House of Cards...LOL.

Now, not b/c I worked there, nor b/c i have a tattoo of the EXACT crown on my ankle...I am a Hallmark Whore and I am a flipper--after I read that card, I do turn it over to see if someone cared enough to send the very best. There is NOTHING like a Hallmark card. It is THE standard for the industry.

However, it does not mean that I do not LOVE every card I get...some people and some places have no access to Hallmark. I feel for those poor souls...LOL, but for the past few years, I have started making my own cards and people LOVE them. I do, too. (Not b/c I think I'm a creative genius, just that most times they are top notch...and whoever said it was cheaper to make cards than to buy them...well, they must have never made cards.) I, also, LOVE getting cards that people have made for me!!! In a hurry, though...I have been known to buy whatever is being sold, wherever I am...LOL. Desperate times call for desperate measures...LOL.

Anyway, besides planning this wedding, I am making cards hand over foot for everything under the sun these days. Maybe, you'll be fortunate enough to get one...LOL.

47,46,45,44,43...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

No comments: