Thursday, May 15, 2008

Some 41 Guests





So, I want to have a bridal shower/dinner/party with a Kentucky Derby theme @ my future mother-in-laws. She is so over-worked and my mother is just starting to recover...SO, I am left with the fact that--if I want this to occur...I have to do it on my own. I'm OK with that, it just doesn't seem to be etiquette-ly acceptable...and having some 41 guests seems way too big...of course, they say only 50% ever attend. :o) I am the last person to have a shower for gifts, but the first to have one to be center of attention. I mean, I will NEVER do this again(minus the George Lucas scenario)...LOL. No really, NEVER.

Last year, I had everything planned out...parties, luncheons, showers, etc. However, I, also, had 2-MOHs(1 maid/1 matron), 4- bridesmaids, and 2 flower girls to help with it all. Not the case this time. In fact, in these final days...I feel alone.

At this point, I feel like living out my dream of running off and opening a pie shop.

Will there be an event to celebrate my forthcoming marriage...who knows? I am very thankful that Gin and JJ have taken over and booted me and my opinions to the curb and planned me and Mary a shower with our friends & co-workers(who at this point have been more involved than my own family...LOL), but things will get better...in the end I will be married to the one person that I place all my trust...and that matters more than a party with mint juleps.

41,40,39,38,37...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

1 comment:

Mommy said...

I don't have silver Julep cups but BY GOLLY I can whip up the rest lol.

Early Times Mint Julep

2 cups sugar
2 cups water
Sprigs of fresh mint
Crushed ice
Early Times Kentucky Whisky
Silver Julep Cups

Make a simple syrup by boiling sugar and water together for five minutes. Cool and place in a covered container with six or eight sprigs of fresh mint, then refrigerate overnight. Make one julep at a time by filling a julep cup with crushed ice, adding one tablespoon mint syrup and two ounces of Early Times Kentucky Whisky. Stir rapidly with a spoon to frost the outside of the cup. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.

sounds easy enough :)