Thursday, May 1, 2008

52 weeks of "new" recipes



I LOVE to cook. OK, I like to cook...but I do LOVE cooking shows and the Food Channel. I, also, LOVE to read cookbooks and look at the pictures...and wouldn't y'all (We all said it before Paula made it popular and chic, but she is authentically real...and cool!) know it...I'm marrying a man that only eats chicken, bacon, and bread. Alright, he eats a few other things (you will be shocked in just a few paragraphs on what "few other things" means) like chips and candy, but those are snacks...not what I would call food, really.

He doesn't eat pizza, steak, seafood--of any kind, pasta, nothing he can't pronounce, of course...LOL. Personally, I think it stems from "only-child" syndrome, but that is merely an educated guess...LOL. His parents aren't picky eaters that I'm aware of...maybe his Mom, a bit.

Not wanting to try Chicken with Chorizo and Cannellini is one thing, but living on (God, I can't believe I'm telling people this...) "potted" meat with Ruffles plain chips...I, though not sure, think that is a sin, maybe the 8th deadly one. It blows my mind that he can eat that stuff, but won't try BBQ ribs...YUMMMMM-O.

What is funny about his eating habits, and I have had to let this issue go completely b/c it's a losing battle, is that he will eat certain things, but won't put them together. For example, he eats tomatoes and lettuce (I think...I know he eats cabbage), but he won't eat a salad. He eats different sorts of breads, but doesn't eat pancakes. Eats fries and raw potatoes, but won't eat hash browns. Do you see my dilemma?

In my opinion, he drinks waaaayyy too much, waaayyyy to often and chances are...his taste buds are probably already dead...but from the look of him, he ain't starvin'. Here's my plan, after we wed, I'm going to make something new every week and ASK him to try it. I guess, if he doesn't...that's more for me...LOL.

52,51,50,49,48...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

3 comments:

Mommy said...

" researchers have noted that babies who were exposed to certain tastes in utero via the amniotic fluid were more eager to eat foods with that same taste after birth. Want your baby to eat his or her broccoli later? Eat yours now! " That, according to my daily what to expect emails. I always thought I was picky but I think he should be willing to try new things. Though this does not extend to baby octopus lol.

Mommy said...

also, sorry, anyone who will eat potted meat and not pasta has some major issues lol. at least you know what's in the canneloni. I bet he eats VI-ee-nie sausages too..excuse me while I go barf.

Mommy said...

ok maybe i should just combine posts but seriously this can cause issues. I mean, you have to be willing to compromise. You can't spend all your time worrying about whether or not he can find something to eat if you want to try something new every once in a while. Maybe he can eat something he likes at home before you go out and then "casually" drink a beer. Don't try this when you are both starving. Saves money and both of you are happy.