Wednesday, April 9, 2008

81...this story is fun and neat.(White Bible Ceremony)

http://www.southernladymagazine.com/whitebible/bibleprint.htm

Have you ever heard of this? The White Bible ceremony. I had never until recently and I am mesmerized by the story behind it. You should really click on the link and read it, before you go any further...

I have been wanting to do something VERY personal for my kids at the wedding. They are already in it as attendants, and they are either singing or reading, but Mr. Chad and I wanted to give them something that connected them to us, as we start our new family. In the past, I had thought about those medallions, but when I came across this...well, I broke down and cried as I read it. I, also, knew it was something I could modify and create to specifications the exact feelings I have for my children.

In the ceremony, which is normally held for the bride-to-be after her engagement is announced, most times at a tea or shower, she is presented with flowers and a white Bible with words of wisdom from it to help guide her as she marries.

Since, it appears to usually be for younger, maybe first time brides...I wasn't sure it applied to me. So, with that thought in mind, I decided to adapt it for the wedding as a time to honor the girls.

It will, also, allow me to create an heirloom for their future families. Mr. Chad and I are going to buy them both white Bibles and personalize them with their names and have the reading of the white Bible ceremony adapted to our situation. Close to the original as possible, but with the fact that these gals won't be bride-to-be material for a long, long, long time.

81,80,79,78,77...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

No comments: