Sunday, April 6, 2008

mild dilemma # 83, groom's gift...


I am no where near the gift giver that my little man is...

Each year at Christmas, Mr. Chad gives me gifts that take my breath away. Gifts with so much thought and love put into them that I am truly humbled. I can only imagine what his wedding gift to me will be...and knowing that, I am scratching my head, probing the internet, and praying that something for him will "come to me". Something that would let him know just how much I love him. Isn't that what's it's supppose to be about...not the gift, but the the meaning behind it?


It's not going to happen. I'm not that good!


Here's what I'm talking about...just to name a few of his wonderful gifts to me...a cross worn by the crusaders during the holy wars (yes, a real one), a cartouche from Egypt with my name on it. He also, bought me a spot a land, in the home country, so that I may have the title Lady, a lamp with my favorite picture of my girls sculpted into it, and a Wollemi tree-a living fossil.


He has everything he could want, except for a race car, and I'm not saying, EVERYTHING, b/c he has me...it's just that he's a simple kind of man. I bought him Hazelnut trees for Christmas and he was happy as he could be had I bought him an H3. So, for the next few weeks, I need to really focus on who he is, so that I can figure out what I WANT to get him. I may have to ask my sweet children for some input, but somehow I think, they will either say he needs a "new" cell phone or a "new" computer...LOL, of which he will be getting neither one.


83,82,81,80,79...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.



No comments: