Wednesday, April 2, 2008

86 and working the cd mix!


I want to make a CD favor for my guests, but am having the inner debate of whether it is right or wrong to do this, even though, I BOUGHT the music to begin with...I mean, am I knocking a "studio mixer" out of health care benefits?...LOL. It's not a laughing matter, I know, but since those piracy commercials started coming on in theatres and Mr. Chad was singled out by Napster several years ago...i have mixed emotions on this issue. We buy all music from Itunes, I think...LOL...i mean, I know I do. :o)

The fun part has been finding out songs that have a meaning to our families-aunts, uncles, parents. Some have cracked me up. My Mom and Pap Jeff, well, their song is Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf...and I can't imagine it being that, but I can't imagine it being anything else, either...LOL.

My one aunt, Wee, told me that her song and Donnie's was a song called Patches. Now, folks, I'm a borderline savant when it comes to music and I had never heard that song before in my life- EVER. Funny thing, though...Mr. Chad and I went shopping and I picked up a cheap 4-cd set of 70's songs...and there it was...Patches by Clarence Carter. I started laughing uncontrollably. My aunt and uncle are Pentecostal. He is a Pentecostal preacher and "their" song is by the same guy that sings Strokin'...do you see the irony?...LOL. Anyway, they have probably never heard the one song, since they have belonged to church for many, many years...and, pardon the expression, but that in itself is a blessing.

The saddest thing, so far, has been that Mimi Carolyn, Mr.Chad's mom, said that she and Mr. Chad's dad, Roger, didn't have a song. WHAT?! That almost broke my heart. As much as music has played a part in our courtship, how could they not have one song that takes them back to the time when they were falling in love...I have to work on this. I have to jog their memories, put Mr. Chad in charge of finding one that maybe his dad can remember...I would love to see them dancing together to that song, whatever it is, at our wedding.

Must give CD favor idea more thought...Yes, the rehearsal dinner is a pirate theme, but this would make it way to literal...LOL

86,85,84,83,82...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

No comments: