Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Rule of 72

I love finding sites on the web that educate me. I especially like ones that can educate others, as well. When searching for a topic for today that was somewhat wedding related...I came across The Rule of 72. This may not be about weddings, although it is about finances, and it could help anyone in a marriage. I mean, finances are the #1 reason for divorce in this country. The site is called moneychimp.com and the name in itself would make me go to their site, but it really is informative.

In a nutshell, Moneychimp.com states The Rule of 72 is:
...to find the number of years required to double your money at a given interest rate, you just divide the interest rate into 72. For example, if you want to know how long it will take to double your money at eight percent interest, divide 8 into 72 and get 9 years.

http://www.moneychimp.com/features/rule72.htm

I know I would love to retire long before 60, but that will never happen...and this can kind of explain why...LOL. Anyway, check this site out for some great financial explanations. It is kind of like a "smart version" of a For Dummies problem. The problem being how to understand economics or maybe just it's terminology. I believe I'll always be rich in love, but it would ROCK to be rich in finances...without ever waiting to hit the lottery...I mean, I got Mr. Chad and everyone knows you NEVER hit the lottery twice ( he he he...LOL).

72,71,70,69,68...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

No comments: