Friday, April 4, 2008

Atomic Number 84


Polonium. Yes, you're right. I had no idea what it was...I think I'm doing well when I get to 4th grade questions on Are you smarter than a 5th Grader?.

Yet, some days when I am doing this I "Google"(one of my fave things to do in this world...Damn You, Sergey Brin and Larry Page) the number I'm working on...and today it was very interesting, and I learned something. If I asked 10 people what atomic number 84 on the periodic table was, I would say 9 out of 10 would ask, "what the EFF is the periodic table?" I have made my point, right?

Back to Polonium, there were some neat things on WIKI (my other fave thing to do...I know I lead a very simple life at times...LOL) about it. I thought I would share how it kind of pertains to me and Mr. Chad. Here it goes...

1. rare and highly radioactive...that is us. Our love is rare. I am 100% positive that I have never loved a man the way I love him and I know he loves me, too. Like NO ONE has ever loved me. He is honest, caring, and smart. I love all those traits. Our love is, also, radioactive. Sometimes very borderline explosive...and we are working through this-daily. He could tell you some stories about this, pertaining to me...most after I have taken my children back to their Dad( a good guy, has nothing to do with him)...I just feel such a sense of loss that I take it out on him, and like he always does, he lets me...Sorry, babe!

2. has been studied for possible use in heating spacecraft...Not really about us, but we, and the girls, love space and the space program. So, I just thought this was a neat little bit of info.

There is some other stuff, too...and I could go deeply into the comparisons of it and marriage in general, but I'll save you...LOL

There is much more about Polonium out there, like the Russian "former" KGB guy that was poisoned with the stuff a year or so ago...I never knew, until today, that it was from atomic number 84. Thank you Google...and thank you WIKI.

In closing, you never know what you may read here...so it may just seem like 84 days until my wedding, but if you want to be surprised about what you can learn from a wedding blog...come on back.

84,83,82,81,80...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

No comments: