Friday, April 18, 2008

Get your kicks on Route 66

You knew i had to use that title when I got to this number...LOL. I'm not going to talk about Route 66(though, Mr. Chad and I want to take the kids on that particular journey), but I will share a traveling story...If you know me, you know I want to see the world and share it with those I love. I see traveling as physically going from one place to another. I've done it all my life. But this story is about a differnt type of traveling...this is a journey of one's heart...

One of the times, I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Mr. Chad was while we were on vacation at Myrtle Beach. It wasn't so much the getting there, or the things that we did, but it was watching him watch my girls. Seeing him in an environment that he knew nothing about...he didn't have kids until me.

He played and carried on b/c he loves the ocean (just like the kids...LOL), but it was watching him and Catarina wait for the perfect wave to come in to ride on their boogie boards, and then watching him simultaneously keep an eye on Claudia b/c I was scared of her being swept under the water. (He read, and pointed out to me, the signs on the beach that gave directions on what to do if that occurred...nice way to panic moms, South Carolina!)

Anyway, I never saw myself getting old with anyone, never saw a journey ahead that was packed with blessings of the little kind, never wanted to love someone so much it hurts to be without them(the love for my girls does not count here...that is a totally different kind of love, and any mother knows that!)...but until I met Mr. Chad, I never understood traveling in the sense that I do now. Every time we're together, It's a journey. It could be mind, body, or soul, but it is always enlightening. I am so blessed. I have 2 healthy, happy children and a man that puts our needs(not wants) above his own. Now that is safe traveling.

66,65,64,63,62...and so on. I hope you will stick with me.

No comments: